What could be more challenging than finding healthy foods for your ever-loving pet? There are a lot of commercial foods in the stores, but almost all of them have unhealthy and unnecessary ingredients. For an animal lover, feeding your pet with nutritious foods is one of the most important things that you could do.
This article will teach you on how to prepare a healthy organic pet food that your pet will surely love. It may take you a couple extra minutes of your time, but it is a guarantee that your dog will be living with a healthy body. Plus, it can save you more money if you prepare their dishes yourself rather than buying, what they so call, organic pet food that are commercialized.
Recipe that your pet will surely love
1. Beef Stew
This recipe will give your dog vitamins and protein because of the meat and vegetables that are included in it.
– 1 pound of meat (beef stew)
– 1 sweet potato (small)
– Carrots ½ cup (diced)
– Green beans ½ cup (diced)
– Flour ½ cup
– Vegetable oil (organic) or water ½ cup
– Vegetable oil (frying) 1 tablespoon
– Using a microwave oven, cook your small sweet potato for 5 to 8 minutes. Make sure that it is both tender and firm. Set it aside.
– Slice the stew into nickel sizes.
– In a medium heat frying pan, cook the stew in your tablespoon of vegetable oil until well-done or about 10 to 15 minutes.
– Remove the chunks from the pan, but let the drippings remain.
– Get your sweet potato and dice it.
– In a medium-low heat, cook the dripping again. Slowly add water and flour to the pan while whisking it until it gets thick. This will be your gravy.
– While cooking the gravy; add your meat, green beans, sweet potato and carrots to coat them.
– Cook them for about 10 minutes until the carrots become tender.
– Let the beef stew cool before serving it to your pet.
If there are remains, you can put it in your fridge and it will be good for up to 5 days. If you are looking to save more time in your cooking, you can buy pre-served gravy in your local grocery stores.
This is just one of many ways to feed your pet with a healthy diet. If you want to serve your pet more delicious and healthy food, try looking at websites that specializes homemade cooking exclusively for animals like pet lovers and pet sites.